1616 Walnut Street
In 2013, Powers & Company, Inc. was retained to facilitate the rehabilitation of the 1616 Building using Federal Historic Preservation Tax Incentives.
The 1616 Building is located at 1616-1626 Walnut Street in Philadelphia, PA. Completed in 1930, the revivalist building was designed by the prominent Philadelphia firm of Tilden, Register and Pepper and constructed by Wark and Company. The 1616 Building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on September 17, 1983 and on the Philadelphia Register of Historic Places on January 7, 1982.
The rehabilitation involved the renovation of the contemporary interior office spaces into 203 residential units with commerical space and parking on the lower floors. All of the intact original spaces, including the 1st floor elevator lobby and the elaborate wood-clad 24th floor, were wholly retained. The project cost was an estimated $100 million.