Wilmington Public Building
The Wilmington Public Building of the City of Wilmington and the County of New Castle was constructed between 1914 and 1916 by Palmer, Hornbostel and Jones, a New York architectural firm who had won a competition for its design. The U-shaped building has two perpendicular additions on the east elevation that date to 1960 and 1985. As its name suggests, the Wilmington Public Building was a civic structure that originally housed both city and county governments. In 2010, the building was entirely converted into office space using Federal Historic Tax Incentives obtained by Powers & Company, Inc.