The Children’s Summer Home of Cinnaminson
The Children’s Summer Home of Cinnaminson was constructed in three stages: c. 1870, c. 1915 and c. 1950. For most of its operational years, the building was used for charitable services, first by the Quaker Society of Friends as a summer escape for poor children and their mothers, and later as a convalescent home for women in need. In 2015, the State Historic Preservation Office determined that the building was eligible for the National Register of Historic Places. In 2018, Powers & Company, Inc. was hired to complete the compliance work associated with this eligibility, which included a description and history of the existing building, including photographic documentation, description of the proposed scope, including proposed drawings and an explanation of the impact of proposed work on the historic structure.